Saturday, August 20, 2011

Home Invasion

In Chipillico news for the week, there was a home invasion
the other day.  Apparently 5 guys came in a car yesterday to a house of a
lady who lives on my street looking for money.  They were watching at
the bank and saw she withdrew a large loan over the weekend, 86,000 soles which is roughly 31,000 dollars.  For a peruvian in my site, this is an incredibly amount of money. .  So they
came to steal it.  They pinned her to the ground and tore her house
apart.  In the meantime neighbors realized what was happening and came
running with rocks.  But the guys had guns and they escaped.  2 in a
car, and 2 with the money took off running for the hills.  The word
had spread quick so by the time the car reached another town on the
way out of the valley, the people had set up a rock barricade and were
throwing rocks at the two remaining robbers.  Once the police got to
them they were covered in blood from everyone throwing rocks at them.
Unfortunately the money was not recovered but they got a few guys out
of the group.  I swear I really wonder where I am sometimes, it´s like
living in a movie.  The entire town has been really freaked out.  My family and I were joking how if someone came to our house we would just hand over the keys and welcome them to anything that we have.  I don't even have anything that valuable so I don't think we will have anyone coming after us.

1 comment:

eric said...

That's pretty scary. I know your town is very protective of you, so you shouldn't worry too much. Don't tell anyone you have that wooden ship, though, just to be safe.