Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sometimes I think I live in a movie....

This pictures has nothing to do with the Witch I just love her!
No its true, sometimes I think I live in a movie, except I dont know from what time period or what type of movie.  I just know that the stuff that keeps happening in this little town of mine cant be real.  For example, about a week ago the WITCH struck again!  Yes, an 18 year old girl in my town died of unknown causes and of course the only way the town could explain how this happened was that it had to do with witchery.  Of course right, the most obvious logical explanation in the entire world. 

Bascially this girl had been losing a dramatic amount of weight in the weeks leading up to her death.  She was also complaining of sharp pains in her abdomen.  The family "says" they took her to the doctor in another town and none of the tests showed anything.  Then, as she was dying she would throw up and there would be sediment in her vomit.  This immediatly alerted everyone into believeing the witch was behind all of this.
There are two theories: the first of which involves the girls best friend, another girl of the same age, apparently she was jealous for whatever reason and bought something from the witch to poison her friend.  My host sister even showed me a picture of this girl in a school photo....thus the people of chipillico are probably destroying this little girls life for absolutely no reason.  The other theory is that the father of the girl who passed away was sleeping around with married women and their husbands got mad and bought something from the witch to posion his daughter as pay back. 

Do you think and autopsy or investigation or police report...or ANYTHING was done when this little girl died?  NOPE!!!!!!  The town mourned, barried the girl and blamed the witch.  Stories started coming up about the witch having gone to the cementary and was digging up bodies a few weeks before the little girl fell ill. 

O yeah...and the witch is a living breather woman and mother in Chipillico.  I know her personally, and am in fact here at the internet cafe today looking up information on how she could stimulate her child with downs syndrome to walk.  No, I am not a huge fan of this woman, I think she is rude and filthy, but it is my job to support the people of chipillico and try and keep from judging anyone.  The thing is this woman has many children with physical and mental problems, I do believe she drinks or does some kind of odd drugs when she is pregnant.  But I dont believe she is selling potions made of dead people to kill other people in the town.  And I am incredibly dissappointed that no one in my town take a greater stance when a young girl dies unexpectedly without cause.

I was also asked to go take pictures at the girls funeral as a memory to the family.  But you MUST BE KIDDING to think I would ever take pictures of some young dead girl and print them for the family.  NEVER!!!  So I did not go to any of the events to avoid these problems.

So on a different note, yesterday 3 cars and a bus were robbed leaving the valley.  Apparently "bandits" put rocks in the road so the cars could not pass and would come running down from the hills with guns to rob everyone.  Its just insanity.  I dont think anyone was hurt.  But I know lots of money was stolen.  And of course since the police have practically and unworking motorcycle it took a half an hour for them to reach the scene of the crime.  It happened 3 times before anything could be reported.  Its just amazing to me that anyone would think to rob people leaving Chipillico.  Many of you have seen the pictures I post from my town, these people do not have money!   I feel terrible that these things happen to them.  Plus it makes me a little nervous to travel.  Again....when was the last time you heard of a bus getting held up by "bandits" who put up a rock barricade and run down from the hills....something out of a movie right??????

Edgar and I in Chulucanas.
Lastly....I am a little embarrassed to say.  But I was in the city the other day and ended up being very sick. Not sure what caused it.  I was with Edgar...so he asked me for a black shirt and to lay down, which I did.  He then proceeded to use the black shirt to clean my energy.  So he cleaned the space directly above me body front and back.  This was after he put his finger in my belly button (like most host sister does) to feel if I had any shame.  He said he couldnt feel my shame because I was laughing so hard.  He promised I would feel better after he had cleaned my energy.  I did, but I believe it was the many pills I bought before this little session that my doctors had recommened that did the trick!!!!


As much as I love this place I am worried its turning me crazy!!!





1 comment:

Jacquie C said...

Hey Jillian,
I am a student at St. John Fisher College in Rochester, NY. I am in an American studies class, which is focusing on U.S. citizens abroad, and more specifically on people in the Peace Corps. I have the country of Peru. I would love to ask you a few questions, if you are interested. I have read your blogs and would appreciate to here more about your experiences. If you are interested in emailing, please contact me at jmc08384@sjfc.edu. Thank you!!